All School Announcements
SIBLING APPLICATIONS DUE DECEMBER 10
Are you interested in applying for admission for a sibling? Here is how to do so:
- Log into Veracross, click the column icon at the top of the page, then click “Admission.” This will take you to the Admission Portal of Veracross.
- Once there, click the “Add a New Application” button. This will allow you to begin an application for a child already listed in Veracross. If that child is not in Veracross, you also have the option of adding a child and then beginning the application.
- Once you pay the application fee, the list of steps to complete will show up.
- There are three steps that you do not need to complete—the “Parent/Family Questions,” the “Pastor Recommendation,” and the “Parent Interview.” Once we see you have started an application, we will remove those steps.
Please note that Steps 1 and 2 (parent and student questions) are due December 10 and Step 3 (test scores and teacher evaluation) is due January 15. If you are applying for a rising Kindergarten Summer Birthday through Class Four student, please schedule your CATS testing date as soon as possible in order to submit scores by the deadline. If you have a student applying to Classes Five through Eight, please schedule your ISEE testing date as soon as possible in order to submit it by the deadline.
If you have any questions about the application, please contact Meredith Lockhart at (214) 302-2812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOMEWORK CLUB FOR WINTER SPORTS
Winter Sports Homework Club serves siblings of athletes in Classes One through Eight on Mondays through Thursdays until 3:45 p.m. Please register here.
Parent Equipping Events
Partnering with parents in raising children who know, love, and practice what is good, true, and excellent is at the core of our mission at Providence Christian School. Throughout the year, we offer Parent Equipping Events to encourage and strengthen parents with children at all stages of development. Please attend one or more of the upcoming Parent Equipping Events:
CREATING MOMENTS OF WORSHIP AT HOME
Tuesday, February 6, from 7:30 until 9:00 p.m. in the Great Hall
Join us as former Providence Head of Music, Barbara Leeman, and David Leeman, authors of student hymnal, “Hosanna, Loud Hosannas,” remind us of the powerful simplicity of singing to God. Current and alumni families and faculty will share tips on teaching children to praise God in the ordinary moments of life. No RSVP is necessary.
PARENTING IN THE DIGITAL AGE: HOW TO PROTECT YOUR CHILD
Tuesday, March 19, from 7:30 until 9:00 p.m. in the Great Hall
From social media to artificial intelligence, the digital world is challenging for our children to navigate. Join us as Providence parent Ashley Januszewski offers practical tips on the age-appropriateness, benefits, and pitfalls of various digital tools. Enjoy a practical discussion on keeping our children safe in the ever-changing online world. No RSVP is necessary.
DRIVER’S LICENSES/ID REQUIRED FOR ALL SCHOOL VISITORS:
In order to keep our campus safe and secure, we now require that all visitors (16 yrs. of age and older) and contractors must:
- Enter the School through the main entrance.
- Present a valid state driver’s license or ID card or a U.S. government issued passport. The ID will be run through our security system. If the scan meets school/site criteria, a visitor’s badge will be produced and should be worn at all times while on campus. The visitor will be allowed appropriate access after receiving the badge.
- Exceptions to this policy may only be authorized by the Heads of Middle or Lower School and the Director of Facilities.
- Visitors attending functions that are limited to the field, Great Hall, and gym after school hours are not required to sign in at the front desk.
Previous Parent Equipping Events
Did you miss one of our Parent Equipping Events? Are you interested in re-listening to one of our guest lectures?
Browse through the list below to catch-up on our most recent seminars.
- Balancing Sports and Other Activities, Winter 2023
- An Evening with Justin Earley Fall 2022
- AN EVENING WITH ALUMNI FAMILIES, FALL 2022
- Dr. Cristina Sevadjian Fall 2022
- JESSICA HOOTEN WILSON, FALL 2021
- DR. NELL BUSH, SPRING 2021
- Dr. Cristina Sevadjian, Sparrow House Counseling, Spring 2020
- John Piper, Spring 2019
Each grade level’s summer reading requirements can be found at the link below. There is also a record sheet, to be used for Prekindergarten through Class Four students. All reading assignments are due on the first day of school.
Each day, our students begin with daily Bible reading. Classes 1-6 have a structured reading plan which we encourage you to read with your child prior to the start of the school day.
For information regarding carpool at Providence, please click the link below.
If your child needs special health care procedures and medications at school, please review and sign our
If your child has asthma, please complete this form and return to the School Nurse.
If your child has a food allergy, please complete this form and return to the School Nurse.
View our immunization policy and requirements by clicking the link below.
Visit the Parent Portal to stay updated on school happenings, including important announcements, key dates, forms, and more!
We love capturing life around Providence—on the playground, in the classroom, on the field, or at an event! We regularly add these pictures to the photo repository, so visit often to see the latest happenings around school! Additionally, we welcome you to upload your own pictures using the instructions below.
Providence students in Classes 4-8 have access to Typing Pal Online, a web-based keyboarding program. In some of the upper grade levels, students are asked to submit typed assignments. This course is a great training tool to prepare them. Questions? Contact Tim Ricchuiti.
Your child’s user name is his or her first name followed by his or her last name with no spaces, hyphens, or apostrophes, using all lowercase letters. The password is password.
If you are a Providence parent and would like to volunteer, please visit our volunteer page using the link below.
- WHO DO I CONTACT FOR...?
- HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
- WHEN WILL I KNOW THE CLASS IN WHICH MY CHILD IS PLACED?
- WHERE DO I FIND THE SCHOOL CALENDAR?
- WHAT IS BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT?
- ARE THE PROVIDENCE FIELD AND PLAYGROUND OPEN DURING THE SUMMER?
- Can I check out books from the Providence Library in the summer?
- Where are the recommended reading lists?
- What is the Headmaster's Reading Society?
- What if I cannot find what I am looking for on the Providence Website?
- How does re-enrollment work?
- What if I need assistance in paying my child's tuition?
- HOW DOES ADMISSION WORK FOR ANY YOUNGER OR OLDER SIBLINGS?