MONDAY MEMO: AUGUST 15, 2022
PROVIDENCE AT A GLANCE
- Back-to-School Night: 6:30 p.m. tonight in the Great Hall (parents only)
- Athletics Meeting for Classes 6-8 Parents: tonight at 5:30 p.m. in the Gym
- Wednesday, August 17: Doors open at 7:30 a.m. for the First Day of School for Classes One through Eight. You may walk your child in on the first day of school. Please join us after drop-off in the Great Hall for a parent fellowship.
- Hot lunch orders for students in Classes Three through Eight due tomorrow. Sign up with MyMealOrder.com. More details here.
- Parents' Council sign-ups are open. Sign up on the Volunteer page here.
- Pom Squad registration for Classes 4-8 girls has been extended through Tuesday, August 16. Register here.
- Dads' Breakfast: New Providence dads and fathers with students in PK through Class Two, join us Saturday, August 27, from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m., in the Great Hall for a fellowship breakfast.
- Registration for Fall and Spring Musical Theater is now open. Classes Three and Four students, register for the Fall Musical Theater Workshop here. Students in Classes Five through Eight, register for the Middle School Musical here.
Fall Musical Theater Workshop: Classes Three and Four
- This year we are presenting “Rock Slinger and His Greatest Hit” by Alan Pote.
- Rehearsals: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. August 31 through October 26.
- Performance: Thursday, October 27, at 8:00 a.m.
- Registration due: Friday, August 26.
- Register here.
Spring Middle School Musical
- Students in Classes Five through Eight may participate in our Middle School Musical.
- Rehearsals: Wednesdays, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. January 4 through April 26.
- Performances: April 28-29.
- Registration due: Friday, September 9.
- Register here.
YEARBOOK PORTRAITS AND CLASS PICTURES
October 3, 4, and 5
School pictures, both individual and class/section group photos, will be taken October 3, 4, and 5, this year by Haynsworth Photography. See page 55-60 of the Parent-Student Handbook for uniform guidelines. Watch the Monday Memo in September for the specific dates various classes will have their photos taken.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: AUGUST
- August 15: Back-to-School Night at 6:30 p.m.
- August 15: Athletics Parents' Meeting at 5:45 p.m.
- August 16: Providence Partners Park Day (for new parents)
- August 17: First Day of School for Classes One through Eight
- August 17: Welcome Back Coffee for Parents (join us after drop-off in the Great Hall)
- August 17-19: Noon dismissal for Classes One through Four
- August 19: Class Eight Retreat
- August 22 to 26: PK through K Parent Meetings
- August 23: Middle School Preview Night at 5:00 p.m.
- August 27: Dads' Breakfast (for all new Providence dads and fathers with students in PK, K, and Classes One and Two) at 8:30 a.m.
- August 29-31: First Day of School for PK and K