Providence Health Policy
At Providence, we are committed to the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, and their families.
GENERAL HEALTH POLICY
- Please keep your child home if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms or illnesses:
- Fever of 100.0 degrees F or greater within the last 24 hours or diarrhea and/or vomiting in the last 24 hours
- Diagnosis of strep throat or pink eye. Student must be on antibiotics for 24 hours prior to return
- Cold or flu symptoms
- In order to return to school after any illness a student may be required to meet one of the following criteria:
- Receive a note from the student's doctor with an alternative diagnosis (i.e. strep, ear infection, flu) and follow the General Health Guidelines as stated in the Parent Handbook as your child recovers. Please submit this note to the Clinic upon return to the campus.
While changing circumstances may necessitate adjustments in the future, our current policies and procedures regarding COVID-19 are as follows:
If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please isolate your child at home and notify the School clinic. As long as symptoms are improving and your child has been free of fever for 24 hours, he or she may return to school after five days (on day six).
If someone in your immediate household tests positive for COVID-19:
- Other family members are not required to quarantine when one tests positive for COVID-19. However, please notify the Clinic if another child in the family begins exhibiting one or more of the symptoms listed below:
- Fever of 100.0 degrees F or higher
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Persistent cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain/aches
- We will require the child to isolate at home and provide a negative COVID test before returning to school. In the absence of a test, the child should be presumed positive and stay home for five days.
- If your student has asthma or allergies, please submit a Medical Authorization Form signed by your doctor with your student’s medication to the Clinic. Also, please include the corresponding action plan.
- All health forms (Asthma Action Plan, Food and Allergy Action Plan, Medical Authorization Form) also can be accessed on the Parent Portal under medical forms.
- If your student has received any vaccinations in the past year, send an updated copy of those records to the Clinic.
- Please notify the Clinic of any health concerns we should be made aware of to help care for your child at school.
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
- If your child, your child’s teacher, or a student in your child’s class or extracurricular activity tests positive for COVID-19, parents in the student’s class, grade level, and extracurricular activity will be alerted by email without details on the student’s name or gender.
- Our staff will not disclose the names of those who are positive for COVID-19.
- If a member of your household tests positive for COVID-19, we encourage you to communicate with any families, children, and others with whom you have been in contact within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms.