Providence Christian School of Texas welcomes you to its admission process. Providence invites you to become acquainted with the School through its school publications, a visit to the campus, and a conversation with a member of the administration.
The goal of the Admission Committee at Providence is to bring together a cohesive student body which can best grow spiritually, intellectually, and physically. Each candidate’s academic potential, scholastic motivation, and character development will be taken into consideration. The Admission Committee seeks to make each admission decision based on what is best for the child and for the School. Because of the magnitude and importance of its task, the Committee’s independence and integrity will be guarded.
1. COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION (AVAILABLE IN OCTOBER OF 2018) AND SUBMIT BY JANUARY 20, 2019. INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- $150 Application Fee Non-Refundable (payable online by eCheck or credit card)
- Copy of certified birth certificate (mail, fax, or scan)
- Photo of family (submit online) a cell phone picture is fine
- Current immunization record (mail, fax, or scan)
- Teacher evaluation forms (mail, fax, or scan to school by teacher)
- Pastor recommendation form (mail or email to school by pastor)
2. CAMPUS VISIT (Sign Up Here)
Candidates for PK-Four will come to the campus for observation and/or testing on Saturday, February 2.
Prekindergarten (PK): Applicants are not tested. They are observed in a school setting on Saturday, February 2.
Kindergarten with summer birthdays (KSB) and Kindergarten (K): Evaluation is in two parts. One is the CATS testing (Collaborative Academic Testing Service) at catstexas.com. These results may be shared with other schools to which you are applying. Testing is scheduled directly with CATS at catstexas.com. The second part is an observation on Saturday, February 2 at Providence.
Classes One through Four: Applicants have two tests: One is administered individually by CATS (Collaborative Academic Testing Service) at catstexas.com. These results may be shared with other schools to which you are applying. Testing is scheduled directly with CATS at catstexas.com. The second test is administered at Providence on Saturday, February 2.
Classes Five through Eight: Applicants take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). Testing is scheduled online with ISEE. http://www.erblearn.org/parents/admission/isee. These results may be shared with other schools to which you are applying. These students also visit the campus and meet with the Director of Admission for additional assessment.
Both parents of all applicants are interviewed. The Admission Office will contact you to set up the interview.
5. FINANCIAL AID FOR STUDENTS K – Eight
We welcome inquiries about financial aid. All admission decisions are made independently of a family’s request for financial aid. Therefore, a family may apply for tuition assistance only after the student(s) has been accepted into the School. Students receiving financial aid are expected to meet the academic and behavioral standards of Providence. Financial aid is granted on the basis of need as determined by the School’s evaluation of the Report from FAST (Financial Aid for Student Tuition) and the parents’ most recent federal income tax return.
- Returning Students: Financial Aid Applications are due by February 15, 2019.
- New Students: Financial Aid Applications are due by March 22, 2019.
6. ADMISSION DECISIONS
Families will be notified of admission decisions on March 8, 2019.
7. CORE VALUES MEETING
All parents must attend a Core Values meeting, which is scheduled by the Admission Office.
8. NEW PARENT ORIENTATION—MAY 21, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.