Welcome to the website of Providence Christian School of Texas. One of the best things about living in the Dallas area is that there are so many wonderful private schools that provide an excellent education for your child. This makes the job of selecting the “right” school a challenge, as each school has its own distinct culture. It is my hope that as you tour our website, visit our school and classrooms, and speak with our faculty, you will better understand what makes Providence such a special place.
If you believe God might be leading you to consider Providence, please contact us today to arrange a campus visit. We look forward to meeting you and answering your questions.
I believe the following distinctives best summarize the Providence culture and will help you know if Providence might be the right place for your family.
- We are a classical, Christian school; our educational philosophy is influenced by British educator Charlotte Mason.
- We are committed to keeping the teaching of character and moral virtue as the primary focus in our school.
- We believe that the ultimate goal of education is for our students to grow in wisdom so that they will know, love, and practice that which is true, good, and excellent.
- We are committed to strengthening the spiritual lives of our students, families, and all employees that together, as the family of Providence, we can glorify God by finding our greatest joy and passion in our relationship with Christ.
- We are committed to glorifying God by pursuing excellence in all that we do and by teaching our students the proper motivation for excelling.
- We are committed to being family-focused—helping our families be successful in their parenting is a top priority.
- We are committed to serving academically able students who possess strong, God-given intellectual gifts and come from Christian families who desire that their children be given a rigorous classical, Christian education.
- We are committed to preserving the moral innocence of children and being countercultural in a world that neither knows nor honors the Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We are committed to teaching children the importance of respect for God, parents, authority, others, and themselves, as well as the importance of a disciplined lifestyle, habits, manners, and obedient spirit.
- We are committed to keeping the school day and activities as simple as possible so that families can enjoy as much time together as possible.
- We are committed to teaching our students the importance of being faithful stewards of their time, talents, gifts, and the bodies God has given them.
- We are committed to offering strong programs in art, music, and athletics.
Thank you for considering Providence Christian School!
Dr. Tony Jeffrey